Body lotions make your skin moisturized, true but, only for a few hours. Oils don’t moisturize, they just make your skin feel soft. The humectants, make your skin hydrated but not glowy and soft. And to cover softness, hydration, and nourishment body butter are the best way possible. For the last few years, body butter took the market by surprise. They are one of those products that you will use every day after the shower and every Sunday with all your extended skincare routine.
So you can have more than one type of product so you feel ultra-hydrated and feel good about yourself. We all know this is the most important thing right now, ‘To feel good about oneself’. Which is quite hard as life and the pandemic and some presidents keep kicking us. The body butter is butter, Like oils are lighter and they absorb into the skin quickly and make it nourished, body butter takes extra few minutes to disappear.
The body butter is a thick mixture of butter and some oils which are whipped and processed. But that’s the point. You want silky smooth skin. These products are great for winter. If you have extra dry skin, the butter will butter you up for the winter. It is like candles. Body butter lit up your body instead of your room. Body butter work for different skin type in a different way. if you have dry skin it will mend your skin.
if you have oily skin, it will lessen your sebum production as sebum production increases due to the lack of water. for normal skin, it protects your skin and creates a cover. The body butter is fragrant or mildly fragrant. They are of thick consistency and the most used butter in the body is shea butter. But apart from that, there are different kinds of butter with different kinds of benefits. Like cocoa butter. So, here is some best body butter for you to try and be flawless, the way you are.
Weight: 240 mL
Rating: 4.8 (1716)
This is an organic body butter with the goodness of vitamins and anti-oxidants. Argan oil nourishes the skin making it look supple. Avocado oil makes your skin stand out. A thick formula, but it won’t feel greasy. Will glide in your skin like a dream. This product absorbs quickly. Doesn’t causes any allergies and flakiness. As all of the ingredients are plant-based. A huge compliment to your skin. And if you have sensitive skin this product is a safe choice. Use it all year round or in the dry season, as your skin demands.
Aloe Vera: anti-inflammatory, used for acne-prone skin, good against blemishes
Argania Spinosa kernel oil: moisturizes
Helianthus annuus seed oil: good for mature skin
Citrus grandis fruit extract: helps in oily skin, anti-microbial, astringent
Tocopherol: antioxidants, vitamins E
Features of the product:
- No artificial odor. Has a bit of vanilla apricot flavour and smell But nothing too overpowering
- Argan oil is used instead of any butter. So it will feel light on your skin.
- Has more glycerine than oil in it. So use it as a base for your body or face makeup as well
- No added colors. So stop worrying about synthetic colors
- Comes with a safety seal. So you get an authentic product
- Heals and rejuvenate your skin on a deep level
- Comes in a large container with a generous amount of product in it
So, for supple radiant, and flawless skin gives this product a try. A perfect complement to your skin and that confidence boost we all long for. If you want it to smell good try some of your perfume to it and make it smell like your own.[Vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, PEG-free, gluten-free, mineral oil, and synthetic smell free]
Rating: 4.7 (969)
Cetearyl olivate: a derivative from olive oil, conditions the skin
Pistacia vera seed oil: abrasive, emollient, skin conditioner
Sodium hyaluronate: moisturize
Chamomilla recutia flower extract: improves dry skin
Malva sylvestris extract: astringent, good for mature skin
Who said skincare products are for women only? I mean no one said that. But this is one of those products that the guy who bought it for you can use as well. This smells good for both males and females. And doesn’t have that sweet smell defining one gender only. So a way to go gender-neutral terms. This product created a fuss around for the boyfriend word used in it. But it does works wonders for your skin as well.
- Doesn’t feel thick even though its a body butter. A little bit goes a long way
- The texture is creamy and beautiful
- Comes with a biscotti smell. It smells like almonds. So if you like toasted almonds, go for it
- Light green color to it. Probably from the Pistachios that it made from
- Comes in a jar with enough to last for months
- Has all the good ingredients for antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and metabolism
- Absorbs quickly in the skin and doesn’t cling to you and hydrates skin thoroughly
So, this body butter- you’ll love it in your skin, your partner will love it in your skin, he’ll even like it in his skin. So, win-win. So, for any situation, this is a pretty good purchase.[Paraben free, gluten-free, cruelty-free]
Weight: 298.69 mL
Tocopheryl acetate: antioxidants, vitamin E
Caprylyl glycol: moisturizer
Butyrosperrum parkii: shea butter
This butter has a typical shea butter formula. Shea butter whipped and like those DIY recipes. Smells like spring and your skin will feel that too. Good for all skin types and all ages. Leaves your skin in a subtle manner that lasts long. No more flakiness. Glossy skin all the way.
- It Will last in your skin for 72 hours and long
- Comes with a floral smell of rose, jasmine, and violet mixed with a fruity smell of peach and strawberry. You might want to get a taste of your skin
- Absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel sticky
- Creamy texture and doesn’t feel too much on the body
- No allergen ingredients and won’t irritate your skin
- “You can swear you are wearing velvet”- this truly performs accordingly
- It might be able to get rid of eczema as well
- A little goes a long way. So a tub of this butter will treat you for months
- Can be used in any body part.
- Is not at all expensive
- Men needn’t fear pink packaging
If you like no fragrance in your skincare products you might want to skip this one. But if you wanna smell good and feel good this is a holy grail for you.[Vegan, paraben-free, microplastic free]
Weight: 946.36 mL
Rating: 4.7 (1884)
Butylene glycol: works against puffiness and dark circle, moisturizing
Calluna vulgaris extract: a natural extract used to condition skin
Arnica Montana flower extract: used for masking, fragrance, and conditioning
Tocopherol: antioxidants, vitamin E
If you like lemon freshness with the shea butter goodness in a product this might be it. Feels like silk with deep hydration. Epidermis water loss can lead to various problems including wrinkles and fine lines. This body butter helps you to fight all those problems. Bliss comes with all the clean products with spa essentials skincare. So if you like the Pampered feeling bliss’s body butter offers that.
- Doesn’t feel greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin
- Comes with a slight lemon smell which will give you a fresh start after your shower
- Rich with antioxidants and vitamins as well as oils
- Perfect pricing with the amount of product in it
- Lasts for hours and doesn’t cause any rash or irritation
- No added harsh chemicals like SELS, SLS, etc.
- Use it anywhere in the body and it will work flawlessly
- This contains dimethicone. So, this will have the smooth texture of the silicone
This body butter won’t feel waxy and feels nice in all weather and absorbs well. Skin feels soft and clean and like that you have your supple soft baby skin.[Vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, SLS and SELS free]
Weight: 307.86 mL
Panthenol: antistatic, pro-vitamin B5
Lecithin: antistatic, emollient, skin conditioning
Olea europaea fruit oil: antistatic, anti-inflammatory, reduces redness and dryness, works against blemishes
Simmondsia Chinensis seed oil: good for sensitive skin, works on oily skin, works on acne-prone skin, reduces redness
Aloe barbadensis leaf oil: moisturizer, soothes and calms the skin down, anti-inflammatory
If you want to try new products this classical shea body butter is enriched with too many good products that will suit every skin type. Suits all ages and every gender. Beautiful from finish to start. Comes in a lid tight jar and all the ingredients are plant-based.
- It has a bit of orange extract in it
- Absorbs quickly into the skin and has a non-greasy formula. It vanishes nicely leaving silk-like skin to thrive upon
- Along with shea butter there is vitamin B, jojoba, and vitamin C to look on to.
- There’s rose water along with tree tea oil. Tree tea soothes the skin and works again with all kinds of acne. Rosewater gives freshness and hydration to the skin
- Protects the skin from free radicals
- Cures acne marks and blemishes
- It has non-allergenic properties thus making it safe for sensitive skin as well
So, with all these rich ingredients, this product is worth the cost and time. Has a light finish and can be used on babies as well. It is all plant elements and has the product’s natural smell to go with it.[Vegan, gluten-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free]
Rating: 4.8 (416)
Brand: cuccio Somatology
Retinyl palmitate: retinoid, anti-aging, smooth’s skin, brightens skin, evens out skin texture
Ruscus aculeatus room extract: works against blemishes, antistatic, anti-inflammatory, works well on acne-prone skin
Sorbitol: humectant, moisturizer
Glycerol stearate: moisturizing and conditions the skin
Sulphur: can be used against acne
It is a big tub with so many rich products in it. It has butter and honey in it. What more can you ask for? The good ol’ classic morning routine for your skin. Like the book “Milk and honey” this body butter will heal and love your skin with everyday use.
- It doesn’t feel too much on the skin and dries quickly
- Acts as humectant, a moisturizer, and consists of an oil base
- Enriched with vitamins and aloe vera extract
- Small amounts of product last long
- It can be used anywhere in the body
- There is a sweet smell of honey with it
- All the plant-based products
- Milk in body butter makes it more airy and easy to use. It has all the right proteins
- Doesn’t contain any allergen ingredient
With the sweet honey and floral smell from this body butter, and the abundance of aloe with shea butter makes it a natural body butter to use on regular basis. One of these big tubs will serve you for months.[Vegan, paraben-free, SLS free,]
Weight: 146.98 mL
Rating: 4.6 (1538)
Caprylic: solvent, creates a barrier over the skin to prevent it from losing moisture
Daucus carota sativa seed oil: humectant, antimicrobial, skin protection, and moisture
Centella asiatica extract: soothes the skin, cleansing, good for mature skin
Macadermia ternifolia seed oil: abrasive and conditions the skin
Adansonia digitata pulp extract: works as a humectant and emollient
This is the body butter that specializes in dry skin. So no more flaky skin in winter. It makes the skin soft and gives a bouncy effect. Brightens the skin as well as makes it look younger. Nu Skin is one of the earliest American brands that specialize in natural skin products. They have their brand legacy and name in which they always stand up.
- Can be used as a daily cream and will work miraculously
- Helps with the dry patches. And moisturizes deeply
- Has antioxidants in it
- Helps in rejuvenation the skin over time
- Comes in a cream tube packaging and making it use full without the problems of spilling any product
- works as a humectant
- Has infused oils. So not only just the butter
- Airy and light
- Vanishes quickly into the skin
This brand donates a percentage of its income for malawi seed farmers ensuring a healthy skin initiative. The formula of this body butter is rich and has no synthetic parts.[Paraben free, vegan]
Weight: 236.588 mL
Cocoa butter, shea butter, and honey.
All the moisturizing ingredients in this product at once. The black jar has enough products to last for months. Cocoa butter extracted from cocoa beans, shea butter from shea tree along with honey. Cocoa butter prevents rancidity so this product has longevity and honey gives it a sweet smell.
- Has a soft natural scent that is not at all overpowering
- Would dry out quickly leaving a moisturized skin behind
- Can be used in affected skin. Can be used in sensitive skin
- A bit overpriced but has multiple uses in any part of the body
- No added preservatives or synthetic color or fragrance
- Doesn’t feel too heavy on the skin
- Smells very natural and it doesn’t suffocate your nostrils
- Feels very creamy when touched
This product gives a flawless finish. And bath and body works is famous for all of its plant-based products. So like all those Christmas gifts you receive from bath and body works, ask for their body butters as well.
Weight: 887.206 mL
Rating: 5.0 (800)
Vitamin B1: masking agent, skin conditioning
Glyceryl oleate: smooth’s and moisturizes skin
Citric acid: used against acne, blemishes, smoothes the texture of the skin, AHA
Niacinamide: good for oily skin, pore minimizer
Butyrospermum parkii: shea butter
So all of the above body butters are supposed to nourish your skin when you just took a shower. But what if you want something less time-consuming. A body washes with the goodness of shea butter itself. So stop worry about dry skin and try this olay body wash which has the formula of shea butter in it. Olay is famous for its creams and lotions. They are and were always highly rated. So this body wash says the same about the brand with its consistency. If you have really dry skin or just bad weather, use this body wash with any of the body butters mentioned here for the best possible result.
- Body wash formula. Won’t dry out the skin while taking a shower.
- Cream formula. So when you are using it you can feel its enrichment
- Locks moisture to your body without feeling too slippery
- Has niacinamide in it. Oh! The goodness of niacinamide is unbelievable at this point. This is the most effective trend to say right now. It shrinks pores, lessens sebum production, and more
- Has vitamin b3 complex in it. It consists of niacinamide, niacin, and nicotinamide riboside. It helps in calcium mobilization
- Comes in a big jar to cover your shower for a month almost
- It lasts all day long in your body
- Doesn’t cause itchiness or redness, neither over dry your skin
So in the end, we highly recommend this product to use as a shower gel and use body butter for the highest nourishment and thus get the best body butter to feel you can get.[Vegan, parabens free, SLS free, PEG free]
Weight: 153.782 mL
Rating: 4.8 (530)
Cocos nucifera oil: can be used to improve dry skin, moisturizing
Hellienthus annuus seed oil: can be used for mature skin and dry skin
Allantoin: reduces redness, anti-inflammatory, good for acne-prone skin and blemishes
Tocopherol: antioxidant, vitamin E
This is a hand balm enriched with shea butter. A hand is the most exposed body part of the human body. It also can cause severe epidermis water loss. Which can lead to dry arms, palms, etc. This hand balm makes sure that you are blssed with nourished hands. It has great reviews all over the internet and does work wonders for your hands.
- Feels like paraffin warm mitts. A smooth and flawless texture
- Heals all the dryness of your hands in the first use. Helps to reduce the marks or rashes caused by the dryness
- Hand washing is a new need for the past year because of the pandemic. Thus it gets very dry. A simple solution is to use a hand balm
- A little product goes a long way. But it’ll be worth the cost and will last long
- Has mineral oils in it and consists a clean smell. So nothing too overpowering or stickiness
- Can be used in any skin condition. Even with eczema, it works well
- It has 15% shea butter, and 25% lotion and moisturizer. So all in one
So, message your hand cream and say bye to chapped skin for good. This hand balm has the right amount of all the ingredients and is highly recommended even by dermatologists.[Vegan, paraben-free, SLS free]
Weight: 348.96 mL
Rating: 4.7 (686)
Theobroma cacao seed oil: emollient, skin conditioner, skin protecting, masking
Aleurites moluccana seed oil: antistatic, good for mature skin, and helps out the dried skin
Ascorbyl palmitate: vitamin C, antioxidants, evens out skin texture
Citric acid: evens out skin texture, AHA, works on acne-prone skin, reduces the sign of aging, smoothes the skin
The body shop is famous for all of its products mainly toner and moisturizers. This product is a moisturizer, and a highlight of this product is kukui oil. This oil is used for babies to protect them from sun, wind, and saltwater. It is a tradition. But it is effective. This oil is famous for its suppleness and elastic properties. For that extra dry skin solution, this is very effective. Use it for body or face, works both ways. With all this richness and works this cream works like a gem.
- Contains an oil base instead of butter making it more lightweight and airy
- Contains linoleic acid and alpha-linoleic acid, and omega 3 which heals the skin at a deep level
- Treats dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, acne, scars, stretch marks
- Works as an under-eye treatment and crows feet healing
- Has multiple usages, for face and body
- It has a light green color to it, mainly for green coffee beans
- This has no smell. The original kukui bean smells a bit like coconut. But the cream has no scent whatsoever
- Is on the expensive side but a little bit goes a long way
- A whipped consistency and lighter than any other buttery
- Spreads easily
- No itchiness, allergen, or redness
- No synthetic products are used in it
Like the other product of the body shop, this moisturizing cream works its magic with the longevity of using it. The more you use the healthier your skin will be. And this product stays on for a long time. So bye-bye dry skin.[Vegan, paraben-free, SLS free]
Weight: 198.143 mL
Rating: 4.7 (224)
Butylene glycol: used for dark under eyes, and puffiness of the skin
Dimethicone: silicone-based product. Used as emollient and skin conditioner
Sodium hyaluronate: moisturizer
Cholesterol: emollient and skin conditioner
Stearic acid: used as a cleansing product and emulsifying agent
We all love clinique for Its wide range of products. They have both the makeup brand as well as the skincare products. So they know what will make their makeup flawless and how to treat that skin for that makeup. This cream is extremely good for dry skin. Use it on the body or face, like a night or day cream. It’ll do its job perfectly.
- Can be used in eczema-prone skin. And it’ll cause skin no harm
- Dries up quickly without leaving any residue on the skin
- Lasts all day long
- Doesn’t have any particular scent. So do not worry about overpowering the smell of a cream
- Comes in different sizes and a little bit goes a long way
- Can be used on legs and feet too
- A bit pricey, but clinique is a well-known brand known for its consistent quality in various products
- This might be able to improve your skin tone making it even
- Comes in a glass jar with a generous amount of product in it
This product has shea butter in it along with tocopherol, they both are extremely moisturizing components to work with. So a long-lasting product that will treat your skin with kindness.[Paraben free]
Weight: 348.96 mL
Rating: 4.4 (6636)
raw shea butter
This is pure shea butter, better than the body butter which is whipped, and to achieve certain consistency many other ingredients are added to them as well. But if you are thinking of making your DIY body butter with the smell you like, with the ingredients you need in your cream, you should definitely purchase this organic butter. This comes in a big jar with compressed shea butter in it. It is compressed but also creamy. So just dig your fingers in it and scoop out a generous amount of butter.
Add essential oils or coconut oil to it. You can use it normally or you can whip this mixture to give it a fluffy texture. Thus it’ll apply beautifully. You can store this butter for months in your refrigerator and will apply it to your skin like butter(it is butter!). Cold-pressed extraction is used to make this butter and smells like shea seeds. A slight smell. This also absorbs well and doesn’t stain. So go ahead and make your own face and body cream.[Vegan, organic, paraben free]
All of these body butter makeups are incorporated with shea butter and various oils. Each of them is hydrating, healthy, and moisturizing in its own ways. Which one you prefer will be according to your skin and the finishing you want in your skin. Some of the products can cause allergies to your skin if you have really sensitive skin. To avoid any of these circumstances, check the ingredients and their quantity carefully. But the foremost important thing to hydrate your skin is to drink plenty of water and healthy food. And you are all set to have the glorious skin with the best body butter, best for your skin.
Basics of a best body butter:
- Butter: cocoa butter, shea butter, etc.
- Oil: essential oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.
All these products have their own importance. Some are synthetic and some are organic and it is up to you to choose what works best.
How to use:
Every day after shower apply the body butter to your damp skin. After a shower the pores are open and this applying the product to your skin makes it work well and making it deeply moisturized. Use it in your arms, legs, elbows, neck, and every part which you think needs extra care.
For cracked foot:
If you have cracked feet, apply a generous amount of product to your feet and wear a sock to keep it overnight. This will heal your feet really fast.
For body glitter:
For that shimmering body look, use any kind of glitter with the butter and apply it to your neck, legs, or arms. And you have your go-to party look.
Make up base:
Most of the body butter is heavy and can cause breakouts if you use them in your face. But the lightweight products can be used as your moisturizer/primer before applying foundation.
You can use shea butter instead of your normal shaving cream. It won’t dehydrate your skin and will make it supple.
FAQs’ of best body butter:
1. How can I moisturize my whole body?
You can use lotions, oils, or creams to moisturize your body. buy a product that can be multi-use and use them to moisturize your body. it is better to separate body cream from face cream. if you have really dry skin you can use body butter as well.
2. Should you use body butter every day?
Yes, you can. Depends on your skin condition. If it is too dry and flaky. You can use body butter every day. And eventually, your skin will look healthier and smoother.
3. What is the best body butter to use?
It totally depends on your preference. You can use the body shop cocoa shea body butter or pistachio body butter. For the best outcome, you can use olay ultra-body wash. This is also infused with shea butter. For dry hands, you can use L’Occtiane hand balm as well.
4. When should you use body butter?
Use your body butter at any time you want to. But after a shower will have the best impact as the pores are unclogged and which will lead to penetration of the body butter more.
5. Are body butter better than lotions?
The body butter is thicker than body lotions. If you prefer a thicker product and have really dry skin, without applying it over and over again, then, body butter is the better alternative. But with normal skin, and if you don’t want a heavy feel in your skin, you should stick with body lotions.
6. Can body butter go bad?
Yes, it can. if you put the butter in high heat or direct contact so sunlight. it will lose the stabilizing property of stabilizing. Body butter usually has a melting point near room temperature. So, it is okay not to refrigerate them.
7. Can I use body butter as hand creams?
Yes, you can. You can use it for any part of the body which is dry. It’ll work finely and moisturize and hydrate it.
8. What body butter is best for stretch marks?
You should try the body shop world Hawaiian Kukui or Josie Maran whipped argan oil body butter tree to tub shea body butter. They all are good for stretch marks and have moisturizing properties in them. Argan oil is one of the best products for stretches and kukui oil is best to increase the elasticity of the skin. So you should definitely give this product a try.
9. Can we use body shop body butter in the face?
Yes, you can. There are no restrictions that say it’s only for the body. But first, you should apply it a little bit to see if you have any breakouts. If you don’t then you can surely use it as your night and day cream.
10. Can body butter be used in summer?
Yes, it can be. In some places, the summertime is very drying and it can derive the moisture from the body and making it dehydrated. So, you can definitely use body butter to retain the natural moisture of your skin. This will ensure healthy skin.
11. Why is my body butter melting?
You must be keeping your butter in more than the average temperature. The melting point of body butter is almost at the melting point of room temperature. There might be some stabilizer included in it, but with high temperature, the body butter melts.
12. How long does body butter last?
It depends on the basic ingredient of body butter. If it is fully made of butter, this will last up to 6 to 8 months. But if it’s oil-based it will last a lot more than that. And if it’s an oil and butter mixture, it’ll have medium longevity.
13. How do you shave with body butter?
It’s like how you shave with normal shaving cream. You apply it to your legs or hands and shave in the direction of your hair growth. Like many of your shaving creams, body butter won’t dehydrate your skin. Moreover, it’ll make your skin soft and smooth.
14. Can shea butter darken the skin?
No. Shea butter is used in body butter for its benefits as a skin emollient, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and humectant property. It also absorbs ultraviolet particles. So this is only beneficial for your daily use of products.
15. Can shea butter be used in the sun?
Shea butter protects from sun damage slightly. So yes you can wear it in the sun. But it won’t tan your skin. So, it can’t be used as an SPF.
16. Why is the color of shea butter is yellow?
When it’s made from the shea tree the color of shea butter is mainly ivory. Then it is dyed the color yellow with palm oil or Borututu root. This is done to increase the medicinal properties of it. Borututu roots are boiled with shea butter for their vibrant yellow color.
17. Can shea butter remove pimples?
No. Shea butter is an emollient. It helps to heal dry skin and the scars caused by dry patches. But with ingredients like niacinamide or vitamins in it can reduce the stretch marks.
18. Can I leave shea butter on my face overnight?
If you have really dry skin, you can put shea butter on your face to have supple skin in the morning. But to try that you should first apply it to a small area of your face and see if you are having any breakouts. If you are not, then you are good to go.
19. Can shea butter grow hair?
Shea butter can help to condition your hair. The ends of your hair will be nourished and it will lead to hair growth. Finally, you can have that long and healthy hair.
20. Can I use shea butter as a lip balm?
You can put shea butter on your lips to moisturize them. it’s butter so it won’t harm you if you swallow some. You’ll have beautiful, moisturized lips overnight.